There are effective treatments for opioid use disorder. 

If you or someone you know needs help for a substance use disorder, the first step is an initial clinical screening or assessment, which helps determine the best treatment plan for the individual. While you navigate the process it may help to find a 12-step program near you. If you experience withdrawal symptoms, please call your healthcare professional.

If you’re in crisis please call 888-407-8018. If you have an emergency please dial 911.

Everyone entering treatment first receives an initial clinical screening or assessment, which helps provide the best treatment for the individual. During this assessment, a person will answer questions that helps tailor a treatment plan.
Your local health department can assist those who are uninsured with obtaining Medicaid or Health Choice. You can also apply online. Use our treatment locator tool to determine the best next step for your individual situation.



Partial hospitalization


Medication-assisted treatment facilities

While treatment programs differ, the basics are similar. You can expect an initial assessment, medical care, a treatment plan that overviews goals and activities, counseling and education. As treatment progresses, you may expect drug testing, relapse prevention training and self-help group attendance. Some treatment plans also may include medication, such as Methadone, Vivitrol or Buprenorphine. Family members and loved ones also may receive counseling and education services. More information is available via SAMHSA’s “What is Substance Abuse Treatment? A booklet for families.”

For information on getting help, please call your local health department or text IWIK to 71441 for information.

Click for our textline business card, 8.5 by 11 flyer or 18′ by 24″ poster that you can print and help spread the word.

Where to Get An Assessment on the Mid-Shore:

Caroline County Behavioral Health SUBSTANCE USE DISORDERS

403 South 7th St.

Denton, MD 21629

Phone: 410-479-1882

Caroline County Behavioral Health MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS

606 Sunnyside Ave.

Denton, MD 21629

Phone: 410-479-3800

Corsica River Mental Health Services

332 N. Main St.

Federalsburg, MD 21632

Phone: 410-225-5780

Dorchester County Addictions Program

524 Race St. First Floor

Cambridge, MD 21613

Phone: 410-228-7714

Warwick Manor Behavioral Health Inc. (inpatient)

3680 Warwick Road

East New Market, MD 21631

Phone: 410-943-8108

Corsica River Mental Health Services

502 Poplar St.

Cambridge, MD 21613

Phone: 443-225-5780

Community Behavioral Health

426 Dorchester Ave.

Cambridge, MD 21613

Phone: 844-224-5264 est. 13

*for people with co-occurring disorders

VisionQuest Morningstar Youth Academy

1441 Taylors Island Road

Woolford, MD 21677

Phone: 410-352-4118

*admission via referrals

J. David Collins and Associates, Inc.

828 Airpax Road, Building B Suite 300

Cambridge, MD 21613

Phone: 410-548-3333

A.F. Whitsitt Center (inpatient)

300 Scheeler Road

Chestertown, MD 21620

Phone: 410-778-6404

Community Behavioral Health

300 Scheeler Road

Chestertown, MD 21620

Phone: 844-224-5264

*for people with co-occurring disorders

Eastern Shore Psychological Services

315 High Street, Suite 201

Chestertown, MD 21620

Phone: 443-282-0102/0104

Community Behavioral Health

138 and 142 Coursevall Drive

Centreville, MD 21617

Phone: 410-334-3467

*for people with co-occurring disorders

Anne Arundel Counseling Inc.

633 Railroad Ave., Centreville AND 101 Log Canoe Circle, Suite C3, Stevensville

Phone: 410-768-5988

Corsica River Mental Health Services

120 Banjo Lane Centreville

Phone: 410-758-2211

Shore Behavioral Health Services

219 S. Washington St.

Easton, MD 21601

Phone 410-822-1000 ext 5452

Eastern Shore Psychological Services

29520 Canvasback Drive

Easton, MD 21601

Phone: 410-822-5007

Life’s Energy Wellness Center, Inc.

8737 Brooks Drive, Suite 108

Easton, MD 21601

Phone: 800-867-7150

Corsica River Mental Health Services

933 S Talbot St.

St. Michaels, MD 21663

Phone: 410-745-8028

Click here for local adolescent substance use disorder services.

Additional resources:

Call SAMHSA’s National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP. This is a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year information service available in English and Spanish. The number provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups or other organizations.

You can also use SAMHSA’s Treatment Locator map to find treatment resources across the United States.

If someone is in immediate danger, please call 911!